segunda-feira, 18 de janeiro de 2010

The paradox of productivity

This post was made to explain my feelings about my "productive mood" swings, because that became a really notable piece of my vacation time.

Since my classes will only start again in march, I realize, and ponder about, how unproductive my vacation times are (in general), and feel I should find something productive to spend my time on.

Before I went travelling to the beach for the past ten days, I felt like I should be doing something with my time, but I didn't have any ideas to work on, nor the energy to.

While I was away from home, there, in the beach, the good ideas started coming, and an urge to finally do something was growing. I started having some neat ideas for my game, GFA II, some slightly less interesting ones about simulated cellular automation, etc. The big problem in that moment was, of course, that all those ideas included my computer, which was here at home. Therefore I was just wandering around and thinking of the possibilities, which resulted in an urge to come back home and work on all these ideas.

Jan. 18th is finally here, and I'm finally home. Suddenly, all the ideas I had back in the beach don't sound that great anymore, and all I really want to do with my day is sleeping.

Well, I think the ideas I discarded, out of pure laziness, or forgetting how exactly my plans for them were traced, weren't worth it.

Now, some other ones might still ring a bell or two for me, those might be worth a try.

Did I mention I wanted to sleep? Gonna work on that, bye.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário